Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What a Dump! + 10 Ingredients of super prose + "Crazy Super Fans" + a webcomic

Linky Love/Random Photo/Random Video Day

1960s Bestsellers. I found this site while looking at book covers. Bellebooks may end up re-doing my Graces Trilogy book covers so that all three "go together" better. Tender Graces and Secret Graces have such different covers, there is a bit of disconnect perhaps? Anyway, more on that later as I find out! Although, it would be cool to hear what you all think about the covers of TG and SG and Sweetie--which one is your favorite?






I saw this on my MSN Home page - lawd! Crazy Super Fans. Now, thing is, y'all, um, how come no one has tattooed me on their back? huh? Huh? Or all over their torso? Well? I'm waiting *tap tap tap tap tap* ... laughing.

On Gumbo Writers Blog, Angie has compiled a TOP 10 INGREDIENTS OF GREAT PROSE for our Rose and Thorn Journal. And on the Rose & Thorn blog: Radical Writing by Wil Hough

I've been enjoying this webcomic by really nice guys named Cliff and Patrick.  They're trying to get it off the ground, so if you have time, stop by and read about Shadow the Super Cat - he's like Garfield's cousin once removed or something *laugh*

Beginning Thursday evening, I'll be a guest author at Cathryn's Place. I'll post the link to it on Friday. Meanwhile, stop by and say hello to Cathryn - a former Louisianian turned Californian!

Now for our Random Video:

In honor of Elizabeth Taylor in the sad news of her passing - an Icon -here is one of her finest performances: Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf and the scene "What a Dump"



all photos taken by Kat Magendie

8 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

What a play! I must go and read Angie's list and add my two cents. Is it spring yet in your neck of the woods?

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I'm so sorry about Liz Taylor passing away. She was so beautiful and I enjoyed her movies. Congratulations upon all your honors and publishing your books.

Karen said...

Kat, you have some great pictures! Wow, how DID you get that bumblebee to stay still?...snicker... I'll check out some of those sites. Thanks.

Michiko Johnson said...

Sorry to hear Elizabeth Taylor she was great star May she rest in peace.

Your photos are beautiful I guess everybody your friends says too:-)
specially the bumblebee..
How Did you do that? Did you spray them with sleeping pills ha ha ha

Clifton Hill said...

Thanks for the mention of the webcomic, Kat. Glad you're enjoying. We try to amuse. :-)

Angie Ledbetter said...

Thanks for the linky love. I adore your pics! (Go treat yourself to that fancy arse camera you been drooling over.) :D xxo

Carolyn V said...

Liz was so gorgeous! It sad to hear about her passing. Thanks for posting the clip. =)

Susie Swanson said...

Congratulations on your honors. I'm your latest follower and I love your blog. I'm from The mountains of Western NC also. Murphy,NC is my home.. Hope you have a nice day.. Susie Swanson