Friday, January 28, 2011

A spring weekend? Hike to Secret Ancient Whale Back Rock! And SWEETIE ARC copies . . .

not whale back but another ancient secret place
This weekend is supposed to be warmer than we've had in . . . I don't remember; sometime in fall? It may heave up to 50 degrees. If so, I'm going to hike up to the secret place where Whale Back Rock is and do a Sweetie reading right there. If you've read Sweetie, you recognize Whale Back Rock - it makes several appearances, and is based on a real boulder. It takes at least an hour to get there, if I remember right - been a while since I've hiked up there. It's serene and lovely and ancient and undeveloped. I hope it stays that way. If something "big" ever happened with my books, I'd buy up as much land as I could to protect my Killian Knob and surrounding mountain area to protect them from further development.

Someone's comment reminded me to say that I'm going to record the reading at Whale Back, so people can watch/listen/see :-D.

My musician brother Michael has made me some music - his interpretation of Bluegrass/Celtic music (he plays rock). It's a contemporary take and even has Fionadala's hoof beats in it! He named it "The Saga of Virginia Kate" (The Graces Novels). I put a sample draft video with his music on my FB page, and hope to have a trailer or some kind of video made from it soon that I can post here. If you want to hear it, just ask and I"ll send you the link, or go to my FB page. My other musician brother, Johnny (who plays jazz/blues), is creating his interpretation and I'll be using it for videos as well. So exciting! I have gifted brothers.

Okay: I have some ARC copies of SWEETIE that BB sent me to use as I wish! An ARC is Advance Review Copy; it was also my Galley Proof - the galley proof is what my publisher's send to me to read for One Last Look before it is published -that's the last opportunity I have to read for errors. As well, those copies are what are sent to reviewers, because they are printed in advance of the actual publication date and are printed more inexpensively (though it's hard to tell really). Whomever gets one of these copies knows that it usually will contain errors. At this point, however, there aren't changes to the story, only nits and typos and last minute things, like for example, in the Sweetie ARC a name is wrong towards the end (has Billy instead of TJ), and et cetera.

So, if you review books, contact me and I'll send you one. If you don't review books but have always wanted to, then go ahead and contact me, or, place your request with your email in the comments section. Of course, if you hate it, pretend I didn't send it to you *LAUGHING* okay, I'm kidding *laugh* I'll give them away until they are gone.

Now, y'all go have a great day and a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I would love an ARC copy..just for saving. If you have one extra when all is said and done maybe? Sweetie stays on my Homepage on my Kindle. I can't bear to file it away :)

~Judie

Jennifer Gosnell said...

I would love an ARC copy of Sweetie!! I have it on my Kindle but hate that I can only loan it out one time. Sure wish I could listen to you read from Sweetie at Whale Back Rock; that would be unbelievable!!

Linda Cassidy Lewis said...

I'm waving hello to you with a flaming face. Why have I not been following your blog? You've been so kind to comment on several of my posts and I've not returned the favor. But I've just subscribed now.
Catching up ...

And congratulations on your third novel publication!

Rachel Cotterill said...

Very exciting! :) I would queue up for an ARC but with my eyesight as it is, I only read electronic books.

Eryl said...

Blimey, what a creative family you are! I won't ask for one of those ARC copies as goodness knows how much it would cost to mail it over here. I'll be happy to wait until the perfect e-reader comes along (my son tells me the Notion Ink Adam(?) looks like "it") and I can start actually buying books again - have totally run out of space for paper copies so thank goodness for technology.

Small Footprints said...

I just finished reading Sweetie and can I tell you how much I loved it?? I adored it!! Of course, I adore all your work! Okay, so now I have three signed copies of your books (I was lucky enough to win Sweetie from Ms. Angie's blog contest). So ... does that make me a collector? (tehe) Oh I hope so ... and hope I can manage to continue the trend! :-)

Enjoy your hike!!

Karen said...

How exciting for another book to soon hit the shelves. Yay!

Deb Shucka said...

Like I do with VK from Tender Graces, I find myself thinking of Sweetie and Melissa in odd moments. I love that you get to visit Whale Back Rock. If you have an extra ARC, I'd love to have it as I gave my copy of the book to a friend, but only if there's truly one left over.

Rosaria Williams said...

K, I'd love to review your book.
rosariainpo@gmail.com