I'm honored to take a whirl at guest posting for Kathryn (aka Kat, Boop, 'Thryn) whom I've had the great pleasure and blessing to call friend for almost...[Kat, can this be right?]...TEN years now in RL?
I can never hope to match her totally original voice and, ahem, talent/thought patterns, but being a crazy southern writer like Miz Magendie (yeah, she's a GRITS - Girl Raised in the South - too), we do have a lot in common besides growing up NOC (North of Choctaw/the wrong side of the tracks). Hey, sidebar, I never noticed how much I love initials and acronyms. *cackle*
"How'd y'all meet?" you might ask. Well, probably not with those exact words or accent, but anyway -- we met at a Barnes & Noble writers group and had an instant connection and spark of recognition. I'm not talking for Kathryn; she may well have been totally repulsed and just masked it. Turns out, we'd attended the very same high school a few years apart. (Wanna take a stab at the name of said school? Tara! *ha*) We had an affinity and appreciation for each other's writing and style, and to make a long and boring-arse story a little shorter, we left good ol' B&N to form our own writers group of people with similar "talent" and goal levels. And the rest is history.
Oh, Lordy, y'all. I could really spill the beans here --- WITH photos! *mwahahahahaha* But I won't, because I love Kathryn too much. If she gets bored one day or needs a blog post topic, perhaps she'll tell you of some of our past road trip and GNO (Girls Night Out) adventures.
So with all those juicy possibilities aswirl in your noggins, here's a list to file away for the very near future~~
TOP 11 REASONS YOU MUST READ TENDER GRACES (Why 11? Because I like deviatin' from the norm, and these lists usually contain 10 reasons...LOL):
11. Because I say so. And y'all know I wouldn't lie to ya.
10. Kathryn has trouble tootin' her own horn, so in case you missed the news, it's a debut novel of top proportions.
9. I am Tender Graces' (formerly known as Virginia Kate) godmother, or nanny, as we say here.
8. The book is both tender and graceful, yet so much more.
7. Kat's writing is totally fresh and innovative. You will be captivated and enjoy some good escapism while reading.
6. It's calorie- and sugar-free, so you can indulge without guilt!
5. In this hard publishing industry, anybody who's got the strength and perseverance to come out with a book despite the odds, deserves good support.
4. Kathryn's the best kind of friend a person could hope and pray for, and Tender Graces shows some of the reasons why.
3. Now here's a selfish reason -- The more copies of Tender Graces that are sold, the more book signings Kat will be forced to do, therefore, I will get to see her in person again when she travels here with her Big Important Author Lady hat on!
2. You won't be able to put it down. Yeah, you'll lose some sleep probably, but it will be SO worth it. ...
And the #1 reason to read Tender Graces...
1. It's a dayum fine book. Period.
(photo from freegreetingscards.blogspot.com)