Saturday, February 14, 2009

Getting to Know Us, getting to know all ablog us...




It's Saturday and time for "Getting to Know Us..." Where each week I introduce you all to someone in Blogland....

(Photo: "Little P")

Patresa Hartman - blog named "Biped Sideways" where she says, "i teach and write and think...with varying degrees of competency."

"P," as we call her, is not only a gifted writer, but a see'er of the world. I suppose we all are See'ers of the World, but some have an extra "something" that allows them to see things in the corners, where dust lies, or the little earring thing that keeps the earring on has settled in lost until found by someone with the right eyes--the corners of rooms are often over-looked, but not so with Patresa...she's a See'er of little things that when studied in a certain light really are Big Things (what would rooms be without corners!)--she will see the person in their parts: the half-untucked shirt, the eyelash on the cheek, the little babytoenail on a big woman's foot. Her unique outlook on life and people always amazes me.

I consider Patresa a good friend, a trusted colleague, and an all around interesting person. So, stop by P's place and give her a warm hello - tell her Kat sent you.


And (I almost forgot, I wanted to post two Getting to Know Us today)....


Author Alexandra Sokoloff's site The Dark Salon - I wanted to add this on this morning because I think many of you will be greatly helped in your writing life by her series of blogs on writing and story structure, etc -- she was an instructor at Deborah Leblanc's Pen to Press retreat, and, though my manuscript was already "done" - I received invaluable help and advice from her to make my synopsis so much better than it would ever have been without her- since remember how I've told you all, I suck at synposes! Alexandra is a beautiful woman--in all ways. She gives her gifts freely - a lot of work goes into these posts...and I hope you'll stop by her place and tell her Kat Magendie sent you!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stoppin' by my blog. I'll have to thank Tim for sending you and Angie Ledbetter my way.

Loved the excerpt from your book - can't wait to read the whole thang.

colbymarshall said...

Isn't it always great to meet people online who end up being so kind and helpful? The writing community is great!

Also, just wanted to say thanks for voting for my pal!

Kathryn Magendie said...

Hi Miz Angie - t'anky *smiling*

CM - Yes! I love this community!

Deb Shucka said...

Great new people you've introduced us to. Thanks!

Walker said...

It's always nice to meet new people.
I usually have to handcuff them to stay but that's me.
Happy Valentines day :)

Angie Ledbetter said...

*waving to both P and Alex!* :)

Brian Mongold said...

Big congrats on the book! When will you be appearing on Oprah? :) Think big!

I'm quite honored to have you as a guest blogger on Eazy Cheezy. I posted a bit of an intro for you and the other two selected guest authors. http://www.eazycheezy.net/2009/02/featured-guest-bloggers-announced.html

Keep up the great work on the blog! I wish I had your skills.

Brian

Kathryn Magendie said...

Hi Deb - thanks!

Walker - you are always naughty!

Hi Angie! :)

Brian, it is I who is honored!

Anonymous said...

hey! thanks, ms. kat! you're saying nice things about me even when i've been blog-negligent. poop. you're the best. you know i think you're the best, right? big high five. :)

amy said...

i dearly love ms. p, too. she's on my Favorite People list.

also, i like alexandra's name. "alexandra" is on my Favorite Names list. i will visit her because of that, because you suggested her, and because i can always use writing help.