Sunday, January 11, 2009

Their cheatin' hearts, will tell on you

I was watching football playoffs, well watching and surfing the net and playing (see below teehee) and as usual, notice some things about football and its players.

It seems things our momma's taught us not to do or be are played out on that field. The players tattle on each other for one. They'll point and gestulate towards another player, "He did it! Right there, that guy, number 52 ...nya nya nya!" It looks funny to me, to see these Ha-UGE men tattle-telling on each other, jumping up and down pointing to the offender...heehee.

And they cheat! They KNOW they weren't out of bounds or over the first down marker, but, if the referee thinks they are, well, they'll let that slide on by. They wouldn't look their momma's in the eye and say, "Yah, I was too over the line (or not out of bounds), Momma!" Nope, but if no one reallllly notices and it's called one way, they sure aren't going to admit it was something different. Cheating! cheating!

I also notice this. When Good Man Roger is rooting for a team, that team is always treated UNFAIR! by the referees. "HARUMPH, they call every stupid blankity thing on MY TEAM and let the other team slide! THAT WAS A BUM CALL - I CAN'T BELIEVE THE BLANKITY REFEREEE CALLED THAT - THEY DON'T CALL THAT ON THE OTHER TEAM - THIS IS RIDICULOUS - THIS IS NOT FAIR...ARGH!"

And golly gee, it's always the other team getting away with something and always Good Man R's team who is getting the unfair treatment...haw!

But, what would make their mommas proud is the camaraderie. The slaps on the helmet (or rear...although now that I think about it - I've seen fewer rear-slappin's going on...), the way they support each other when one of them messes up, and of course when one does a good job. I watched this yesterday and thought about my friends and I, and how we are like that. The pats on the back, the support when we're down.

Ah well. That's just what I was thinking about yesterday while having my "goof off" day. Now it's back to work.

Friday, I'll have my book give-a-way. Yes, this time I'm doing this ahead of time *laughing* - It's Deborah LeBlanc's "Water Witch."

Have a wonderful day - no tattle-telling, no cheating!

10 comments:

Angie Ledbetter said...

LOL on the titty baby football players and fans. Enjoyed Deb's book (as always), so good luck to the winner! :)

Walker said...

Have you ever wondered why the call it football when most of the time the are holding the ball?
A football game is like a criminal act and court trial.
I guess that's why so many excons make great football players.
Have the time they are assaulting people and the other half running away from them so they don't get assaulted and then they do catch who they are going to beat up the deny it.
Then just as the legal system, the referee puts them on parolwe so they can do it again and again until their time runs out and are tossed to the sidelines until next Sunday where they get to do it again.

If that's not bad enough then some of them change sides and work for another football Godfather then go back to beat up their old friends, and they say money can't buy your loyalty, until someone shows up with more money.

Did you know most referees are lawyers?
Yeah, no wonder thet're blind to justice HA HA HA



.

Janna Leadbetter said...

I promise I won't cheat! :P

I LOVE the addition of your mountain pictures. Such beautiful scenes! Hubby and I dream of living in the Rockies some day - or atleast having a second home there. *sigh* What? A girl can dream!

Anonymous said...

K, first let me say, AWESOME that you need an author photo. If you take a look back in my blog, you'll see under Andrew Eccles, agent and NYC. how mine transpired. I think you want to keep the photo simple, I've heard. Maybe even have a friend take one! Don't stress too much. Have fun with it.
hugs

Kathryn Magendie said...

Hi Angie!

Walker- why don't you tell us how you really feel? *laughing!*

Janna--your book is on the way! yayy!

Kimmi - thank you...I'll go look. I'd imagine my photo will be as choatic and jittery as I am!

Terri Tiffany said...

I have to tell you-- I read your book blurb and it is really good! (I know you know that already:)) But as to football--ugh--is that really what happens on the field--hard to tell when I am passing throught the family room;)
Thanks for the encouragement on my post--I was trying to show how we can write about our mistakes and nothing is lost--but it seems most readers took it the other way!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, here is the link. Kat, I love simple photos. B % W are nice just put make up on a bit heavy if you do B&W. I wouldn't wear white, but reds, bright blues etc...but myphotographer loved the white casual of my shirt..hehee a 9.99 special.
http://kimmirich.wordpress.com/2008/08/21/jenna-nyc-agent-and-andrew-and-some-yada-yada-blah-blah/

Kathryn Magendie said...

Kimmi - I am so laughing at the "southern women and their hair" comment...LAUGHING!

Debbie said...

Sports bring out the best in people. (Or maybe that should have said "beast".) I just won "Water Witch" a week or so ago and can't wait to start it.

Kathryn Magendie said...

Hi Debbie! :-) It's a cool book!